Venture Off The Beaten Path and Visit Wild Alaska in The Style of Yesteryear, on Horseback.
- Explore the untouched Alaska early miners and trappers encountered more than a century ago
- Heavy Horse Farm draft cross horses are strong and good natured – perfect for Alaskan terrain and riders of all skill levels
- Camp comfortably with modern gear in pristine wilderness
|A few short hoursdrive from Fairbanks, Alaska lives the secret wilderness where Alaskans go to recreate, rejuvenate and explore.Bordering Denali National Park is the quiet Yanert River Valley.The Yanert is easily accessible on horseback, offers spectacular views of Denali and surrounding peaks, and is home to an abundance of wildlife.Findyourself riding on the next Heavy Horse Farm pack trip adventure…||Watch grizzly bears rompon the hillside, dall sheep traverse the ridgetops.See moose, beaver and porcupine go about their business of living in one of the most pristine settings imaginable!
Visit the Heavy Horse Farm just minutes from downtown Fairbanks for a one, two or three hour saddle horse trail ride. All ages are welcome.
- 12 years & up are invited to take a fully guided ride
- Youngsters 12 and under can enjoy a pony ride
- Trail rides begin at 11 AM daily, reserve a ride with your credit card, $25 fee will be charged if you don’t cancel within 2hrs of ride.
- 1hr ride =$60, $5 discount for cash
- 2 hr ride = $90, $5 discount for cash
- 3-4hr ride = $145, $10 discount for cash
- All day = $185, $10 discount for cash
- An all-inclusive adventure, no hidden costs
- Experienced and helpful guides
- Well mannered horses for the experienced and those learning to ride
- Nothing is more natural than enjoying the wilderness from horseback
- Book your adventure now to insure the dates you desire are available
We offer 5 day pack trip in the Alaska Range Mountains south of Fairbanks and east of Denali National Park, the trips are in the Nenana, Yanert and Wood River drainages, the scenery is amazing, Dall Sheep, Caribou, Moose, Grizzly bears, Coyotes and Wolves are often seen on these trips, especially on the Wood River trip. All 5 day trips start on a Monday and end on Friday. The cost for a 5 day trip is $1500 per person.
Yanert and Nenana River drainage 5 day trips:
The first day we truck the horses 3 hrs from Fairbanks to the trail head and then ride out to a first camp site, we have good hearty meals and a campfire and then spend day 2 on a long day ride exploring further up the valley, stopping to have lunch. Day 3 we move to a different campsite, day 4 we take another ride exploring the wild mountains and day 5 we ride all the way back to the trail head and drive back to Fairbanks, expect to arrive back in town by 7:30 pm or so. These trips are available June and July.
Wood River trip:
In August I help a hunting guide using my horses for transporting the hunters, the horses need to rode out to the “Sheep camp” at the headwaters of the Wood River. It’s a three day ride, day 1 involves driving 3 hrs from Fairbanks to the trail head on Healy Creek and then 3 hrs to a grassy camp where we rest and have a good dinner and relax around a campfire. Day 2 is a long haul 9 hrs up Healy Creek, over Cody Pass and then Camp out at the Historic Cody Creek cabin. Day 3 we ride 6 hrs to the headwaters of the Wood River to Lamberts Sheep Camp and relax at the lodge. Day 4 Fly back to Fairbanks in a Bush plane. Cost $1750 This trip is available August 5th going out to Sheep Camp and then August 25th coming back from Sheep Camp.